What Will Horizon Do On Your Device?
A Horizon edge machine contains:
- A Debian variant of Linux (e.g., ubuntu16.04)
- The current version of Docker
- The Horizon software, including Anax (the Horizon Agent) and the hzn command line tool
In order for an edge machine to join Horizon, it must register with the Horizon exchange:
- Start up the Horizon software on the edge machine
- Provide device registration information to the Horizon exchange
Once registered, the edge machine will fully autonomously:
- Enter into contract agreements with the Horizon AgBots (formerly called Governors).
- Download Horizon Insights: signed Docker containers as agreed under contracts:
- For example, if you chose to register for the SDR insight application, Horizon will download:
- A privileged container that gets data from the SDR
- A container that processes the SDR data (radio frequencies and aircraft signals) and sends it to the Horizon SDR UI in the cloud.
- If you registered for the NetSpeed insight application, Horizon will download:
- A container that will periodically test the upload/download network speeds of your internet connection and send the information to the Horizon NetSpeed UI in the cloud.
What will Horizon NOT do:
- Spy on you. During registration you must specify exactly which data can be accessed and sent as part of the Horizon Insights experiments.