What Will Horizon Do On Your Device?
The image you install on your Raspberry Pi contains:
- Ubuntu Linux (16.04)
- Horizon Control System
When Horizon boots up, it will:
- Get some device registration information from you, and register your device with Horizon.
- Enter into contract agreements with the Horizon AgBots (formerly called Governors).
- Download Horizon Insights: signed Docker containers as agreed under contracts:
- For example, if you checked the SDR box on the registration page, Horizon will download:
- A privileged container that gets data from the SDR
- A container that processes the SDR data (radio fequencies and aircraft signals) and sends it to the Horizon SDR UI in the cloud.
- If you checked the NetSpeed box on the registration page, Horizon will download:
- A container that will periodically test the upload/download network speeds of your internet connection and send the information to the Horizon NetSpeed UI in the cloud.
- Horizon will always download a daemon that sends the data of the above containers to the Insight application UIs in the cloud.
What will Horizon NOT DO:
- Spy on you. You select which data gets sent as part of the Horizon Insights experiments.